IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
An important update for our members, guests and visitors.
As a community-based organization, we are taking advice on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seriously, and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members, guests and visitors. Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) and maintain our duty of care to our staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
All persons who have returned from overseas from midnight Monday 16 March 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by law to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result will not be permitted to enter any of our venues.
All persons whose place of employment, education or socialization that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter any of our venues.
All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter any of our venues. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises. We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus.
We encourage all staff, members, guests and visitors to practise good hygiene at all times.
Our venues have increased signage to inform staff, members, guests and visitors of good hygiene practices.
The Club’s staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members, guests and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
The Club is also instituting frequent sanitisation of “high touch areas” including bathrooms, door handles, buttons, tables, fitness equipment and seating.
The Club will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
Events, Entertainment, and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people.
This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations.
While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For non-essential organised gatherings with fewer than 500 attendees, we would like to remind our members, guests and visitors to adhere to the following:
- attendees and staff are not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- attendees and staff not to attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- ensure you understand the Clubs up to date emergency management practices
- practise good hygiene and utilise facilities and supplies to aid the practise of good hygiene
- familiarise yourself with and frequent hand washing facilities available
We would also like to stress the following pieces of advice to attendees:
- stay home and do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and do not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
Should the advice from AHPPC change, the Club will update its policies accordingly.
While onsite at the Club, staff, members, guests and visitors are encouraged to practise good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
We encourage attendees of organised functions and events at the Club to liaise directly with those organisers, rather than the Club.
Sporties Bistro and Bridges Bar & Grill
The Club and its catering contractors are taking our responsibility seriously and have implemented several temporary measures at the dining facilities which include:
- Removal of cutlery from all tables. Cutlery will be delivered with your meals.
- Removal of physical Menus, to be replaced by A0 Menu Posters.
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Additional staff training.
- Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries.
- Removal of ‘help yourself’ sauce and cutlery stations.
- Removal of all Buffet and Carvery Services. To be replaced with normal service.
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave our premises.
We ask for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality-based community hub for all people of our community to enjoy.
If you have any questions, please seek to liaise with our Club’s management.
Further updates may apply.