IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS
22nd May 2020
Greetings!! It has been great to see so many golfers enjoying the course and warm Autumn weather. Our outdoor team has not had a break and it shows on the course!
COVID19 has been an absolute shock to the world and nothing will perhaps ever be as it was. It has created an enormous amount of stress, anxiety and uncertainty for individuals, businesses and countries. We have all been forced to change and adapt very quickly to our new environments.
This is also true for Sporties Group. Management has used the last 7 weeks to focus 100% on a review of our entire operations to make sure that when we return to work, every part of our business will be operating as effectively and efficiently as we possibly can. All operations will return as lean as possible to ensure the sustainability of our long-term future. As a result, several important decisions have been approved by the Board, many of which have a direct impact on Golf and the CBGC Venue.
The Board has resolved that Food and Beverage will not resume at this venue, notwithstanding any lifting of Government restrictions. Patrons will be allowed to return to hospitality venues on a very restricted capacity with a whole range of distancing, hygiene and service requirements. On this basis, it is certainly not sustainable to entertain two venues. We will be concentrating only on reopening the Sporties for Food and Beverage Service. The CBGC Bistro will remain closed indefinitely for Food, Beverage, Gaming and TAB.
With the indefinite closure of hospitality at CBGC, it has
also been resolved to relocate the ProShop to the Sporties Venue to engage fully with golfers.
- The Pro Shop will be located in the Outdoor Terrace area which faces West looking at the current 3rd Green.
- The TAB Lounge adjacent to the Terrace is designated as a Golfers Lounge.
- Directly outside these areas will be a 30 x 5 metre timber deck. These areas will be refurbished, and deck built over coming weeks.
- The current TAB will be relocated at a date still to be determined and this area subsequently reclaimed as additional Golfers Lounge
- Cart Parking will be available on course near the new ProShop before and after playing
- Golf Buggies can make their way from the Sporties Carpark through Nineteen 81 and directly to the ProShop
- We will make provision for Club and Buggy Storage, close to the carpark
- The Old Course will be renumbered so that the old nine effectively starts and finishes at Sporties.
- The current 4th Tee becoming the 1st and the 3rd becoming the 18th.
- The new 18th will receive a new Green which will be located on the rise adjacent to Nineteen 81. This will be built over the Winter and a temporary solution will be arranged
- The West Course remains unchanged
- New cart path will be built within the new ProShop precinct and a review of other paths is ongoing
- A Change Room will be provided within the ProShop
- Practice Nets will be erected, the exact location is still to be determined
Click here to view course changes
- All Hire Carts will be relocated to the area next to the Sporties immediately adjacent to the new ProShop
- Members Cart Shed – It is proposed to build new individual sheds north of Sporties Carpark near the Recreation Reserve Cricket Nets. Quotes and timeframes are still being negotiated. More information to follow and Expressions of Interest can be lodged with the Proshop
- The Course staff and equipment will be relocated into the vacated Cart Storage Shed (post 30 June)
- The existing Course Shed will be demolished
- Nineteen 81 will be open daily and extended hours in the warmer months
- Honour Boards & Trophies – The Club Committee can utilise the Golfers Lounge area to have these on display
- The Golfers Lounge, existing TAB and of course, Gaming Lounge will remain Restricted Areas but we have made application to designate the remainder of the club unrestricted for children
Accommodation and Functions
- Accommodation will reopen on 1st June. Breakfast will be room service only (prepared from function kitchen) initially subject to restrictions being eased
- Functions will still be conducted as normal in the Fairway 1 & 2 and Ante Room, subject to the capacity restrictions
- Reception will be staffed for accommodation and functions
The outdoor play centre has been dismantled and removed. It was non-compliant. The Kids Room will be relocated to the other side of the Bistro and reside in the area that was the old Bullanginya Bar. The outdoor playground will not be replaced.
The existing Kids Room and Family Dining area will become additional dining area.
The Café and Hot Breakfast will be available from 7am.
Dinner Menu’s will be revised and expanded to reflect the current CBGC offering.
All our cakes will remain prepared onsite.
Outdoor Poker Machine Area
Will be receiving a renovation to enclose the space with a suspended ceiling and new heating and cooling
All of the old carpet in the Sporties will be replaced before the end of June
There is obviously a sense of disappointment not reopening all our venues and services. For 11 years, it has been an ongoing challenge to get enough patronage to sustain two large hospitality venues and on the back of this crisis, the risk is simply too great. Failure to take significant steps now could put the entire organisation and our role in the community at stake.
Change is always difficult and confronting. That said, we are also excited about the new offering and quietly confident that we can produce something that will appeal to all.
Your ongoing support is more critical than ever and moreover; we ask that you embrace and encourage others to ensure that this is not all in vain. Board and Management are relentlessly focussed on the long-term sustainability of the Sporties Group, including the CBGC Brand.
Our expectation is that these changes will be implemented during July and you should take advantage of Michael’s massive relocation sale which will commence shortly.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to the course and venue, when we get the green light to reopen.
Stay Safe and Kind Regards